Monday, June 22, 2009

Graduation...

Where has the past 9 months gone? Tomorrow, my son graduates from kindergarten. It seems as though he was just starting his first year in a real school and now, here we are at the end of kindergarten. Tomorrow, at 9:30, the elementary school cafeteria will be filling up with other parents and family members that are experiencing the same bittersweet emotions that I am feeling at this very moment. I am so overwhelmed with love, pride and joy for my little boy...who, I have to admit, is nothing close to being a "baby" anymore! (He will ALWAYS be my baby though! Nothing will ever change that!). I have to accept that in reality, he is very much a young boy now. Almost six whole years old and completing his first year of school. He doesn't resemble a baby in his appearance either. Missing his first tooth, he's tall, thin, and I see some of his expression and I can just already picture him as a teen. It's crazy! I'm begining to see some of his "adult like" features...his face shape, his gestures, his sense of humor. It truly is awesome to watch!

So yes...tomorrow is graduation. Then Wednesday, Jayden will have a half a day of school and he'll be out for the summer! I cannot wait! (Neither can he!)

No comments: