Wednesday, June 24, 2009

End of the school year!

Today is Jayden's last day of kindergarten!! We had a great time yesterday at his graduation ceremony! I just can't believe this is the end of kindergarten.
During Jayden's graduation yesterday, the whole kindergarten class started off by saying the Pledge of Allegiance, then they all sang God Bless America. It was amazing to hear so many 5-6 year olds singing such a beautiful song! It brought tears to my eyes!
Each seperate kindergarten class sang their own songs and did their own dances. One class sang "What A Wonderful World," another class sang "Kindergarten," another sang "Love Grows," and Jayden's class sang a song called "I love you, too."

All together, the whole grade sang, "It's A Beautiful Day," and "Move Me Up!" (which was soooo cute! It was to the tune of Take Me Out To The Ball Game. Except, "Move me up to the first grade!")

They then presented each child, individually, with their kindergarten diplomas. Their diplomas are SO cute! They have a picture of your child on them with their graduation hat and gown, next to "Class of 2021"...WOW! Class of 2021! That is so crazy to me!

After getting their diplomas, all of the children got to come sit with their families while we watched a Kindergarten Memories DVD presentation...it was tons of pictures throughout the school year. It was beautiful! The song, "Let Them Be Little" played during it. Needless to say, I cried.

Afterwards, we went to the classrooms for refreshments. I got to catch up some more with Ashley (who I went out with on Friday night, her daughter Gabby graduated with Jayden yesterday!).

We left the school then went to see my grandpa in the hospital. He was so proud of Jayden! I love seeing Grandpa! I miss him so much while he's in the hospital.

Jayden then got to go to Toys R Us where he picked out a new Nintendo DS game. He got the LEGO Indiana Jones one.

Today, Jayden is meeting his first grade teacher. He'll be getting out off school in about half an hour, and then he's done for the summer! WOW!!

Alyvia is here and sleeping so peacefully next to me. She is such a good baby! Tomorrow and Friday, I watch both Alyvia and my niece, Erika (she's 10). On Friday, we have to go to Jayden's dentist appointment--that will be interesting! Me, Jayden, Erika and Alyvia!! But we'll manage!

No comments: