Saturday, June 13, 2009

...more than angels watching over me...

Every now and then, the softest breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again.
And it's like you haven't been gone a moment from my side, like the tears were never cried.
Like the hands of time were pulling you and me.
And with all my heart, I'm sure, we're closer than we ever were.
I don't have to hear or see, I've got all the proof I need.
There are more than angels watching over me...I believe...I believe.
-Diamond Rio




My heart is so heavy today. Nothing has changed, nothing is different, it's just one of "those days." "Those days" that mom's like me, who have experienced the death of their child, go through. "Those days" that you pray to never have, but you do, anyways. "Those days" that leave you clinging onto all that you have to hold onto...God. It's "those days" that you never feel so far from God, but also so close to Him. It's so hard to describe. I will never understant why. Why my son was taken from my arms. But I will have faith in God to take care of my Liam. I know that God does what He has to do, and that's all I need to know. But it doesn't keep me from wanting my earthly, motherly needs to be fullfilled with my son in my arms. It doesn't mean that I don't wish that God didn't need Liam back. I do. I wish so badly that Liam was here, in my arms, my big 2 year old! I wish that Liam would be walking by my side, holding my hand as we enter his big brother's Olympic Day celebration this upcoming school week, and then the following school week, Jayden's kindergarten graduation. I know he's there with us in spirit. I know that we're lucky. We have our own, personal angel watching over us! Sometimes, it's just hard. Well, not sometimes...ALL of the time. "You never get over it, you just learn how to get through it." And there are still times that I don't know how...or if...I will get through it. I just have to try. Try and try, that's all it seems like I do. And I am trying hard.
All of my love...all of my love...all of my love to you...
-Led Zeppelin

1 comment:

Autismland Penny said...

Eloquently put! My thoughts and prayers are with you. You're oldest son was born on my anniversary July 13th. What a small world! God bless!